SAPERE is the Society for the Advancement of Philosophical Enquiry and Reflection in Education
Founded in 1992, SAPERE is the internationally recognised educational charity that promotes Philosophy for Children, known as P4C.
SAPERE’s mission: We train teachers in Philosophy for Children which encourages children to think critically, creatively, collaboratively and caringly. We help children, particularly those facing disadvantage, to become lifelong learners.
- P4C training for 5000 teachers each year
- ‘Going for Gold’ whole school training programme to embed and sustain P4C
- SAPERE P4C School Awards
- A national register of 80 qualified SAPERE trainers
- P4C teacher training with university and teaching school partners
- National subscription membership
- Resources, newsletters and e-bulletins
- Conferences, seminars, and trainer professional development
- National projects
- Representation and advisory role