Other Information & Dates
Please note: Open ‘in school’ courses are those that are hosted by a school but are open to everyone.
The Level 2A Advanced P4C Course is a two-day event and costs £300 per person. It is aimed at those who have completed Level 1 and have been using P4C fairly regularly for a minimum of 6 months. To be eligible you need to have facilitated at least six P4C sessions.
This course leads on to the Level 2B please check the website for the dates of the level 2B courses.
How do I know when I’m ready for Level 2?
· When you have been using P4C regularly in the classroom for six months or more
· When your students are starting to ask higher order questions and to self-facilitate
· When you want to start supporting colleagues who are less confident in P4C
The two-day course:
· Examines the nature, purpose and methods of philosophical enquiry
· Shows how to choose and create materials to stimulate deeper philosophical thinking and dialogue
· Extends practices and tools for better philosophical thinking and facilitation
· Strengthens understanding of the theory and practice of critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
· Establishes criteria for planning and evaluating progress over a cycle of P4C enquiry, exercise and review
Click here for more details about the Level 2A course.
Jane Yates - Trainer Profile
Jane provides Level 1 training and INSET courses for primary schools. She is part of the Senior Leadership Team at Armathwaite Community Primary School and has responsibility for facilitating P4C across the school. She leads a weekly P4C session with every class from Reception to Year 6. Jane brought P4C to her school over 15 years ago and as a result the school has embedded reflective and child led learning throughout the curriculum and the wider aspects of school. Armathwaite has achieved Bronze and Silver SAPERE P4C School Award status and are currently working towards their Gold Award.
Jane has particular expertise in running P4C through Global Learning. For the past year, Armathwaite School has been an Expert Centre for the Global Learning Programme (GLP) and Jane has recently been accredited as a Lead Practitioner for Global Learning at the highest level of 'Transforming & Leading'. Jane has led P4C training all over the UK and internationally in India, Mexico City, Nepal, Spain and Malawi.
Specialist Areas: P4C and Global Learning, whole school training.
Alison Allsopp - Trainer Profile
Alison provides INSET, SAPERE Foundation & Advanced training and practical classroom support to teachers. She has been a Primary Teacher and School Manager for twenty years. Her work is based around her regular experience of P4C practice in the classroom.
Over the past three years Alison has led P4C in a local junior school. The school have since achieved a SAPERE Silver School Award. She works alongside teachers, planning P4C sessions and providing mentoring support. Additionally, in her role as Training Manager for SAPERE, she co-ordinates and advises on whole school training programmes, reviews school award applications and supports SAPERE trainer CPD.
Specialist areas: Pupil workshops and demonstration of P4C sessions, mentoring and teacher support, planning a whole school approach to implementing P4C (across the key stages) against the SAPERE school award criteria
Location: Gosport, Hampshire