Please note: Open ‘in school’ courses are those that are hosted by a school but are open to everyone.
Directions to Haslemere Primary School
Nearest Underground Station Colliers Wood (20 min walk to school)
Also close to Phipps Bridge Tram stop with links to Wimbledon and East Croydon
Bus number 200 runs from Colliers Wood Station to Haslemere Avenue
No parking in the school but it is possible to park in roads nearby
The Level 2A Advanced P4C Course is a two-day event and costs £300 per person (to include buffet lunch and refreshments).
It is aimed at those who have completed Level 1 and have been using P4C fairly regularly for a minimum of 6 months. To be eligible you need to have facilitated at least six P4C sessions.
How do I know when I’m ready for Level 2?
· When you have been using P4C regularly in the classroom for six months or more
· When your students are starting to ask higher order questions and to self-facilitate
· When you want to start supporting colleagues who are less confident in P4C
The two-day course:
· Examines the nature, purpose and methods of philosophical enquiry
· Shows how to choose and create materials to stimulate deeper philosophical thinking and dialogue
· Extends practices and tools for better philosophical thinking and facilitation
· Strengthens understanding of the theory and practice of critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
· Establishes criteria for planning and evaluating progress over a cycle of P4C enquiry, exercise and review
Trainer Biography: (Rod Cunningham) Rod has worked as a mathematics educator for over 30 years. He has been facilitating P4C since 2006. In that time he has completed courses and requirements to become a P4C trainer and has recently co-authored a chapter in the book ‘Philosophy for Children Across the Secondary Curriculum’. He has also utilised a range of facilitation models with community groups (transition town Abergavenny) working on sustainability issues and developed the use of P4C approaches across the curriculum (particularly in mathematics and science). He is presently a trustee of SAPERE.
Bookings for this course close on 26 October 2017