Other Information & Dates
South East London P4C Hub
Advanced Training Course
Philosophy for Children (P4C) is an enquiry based pedagogy, where students take the lead and teaching is facilitative. P4C uses creative, critical, caring, and collaborative thinking. 4,000 teachers a year train in P4C.
Please click here to view course flyer.
This 2 day course to advance your skills for higher quality enquiries and to support less-experienced colleagues:
- Examines the nature, purpose and methods of philosophical enquiry
- Shows how to choose and create materials to stimulate deeper philosophical thinking and dialogue
- Extends practices and tools for better philosophical thinking and facilitation
- Strengthens understanding of the theory and practice of critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- Establishes criteria for planning and evaluating progress over a cycle of P4C enquiry, exercise and review
- Provide opportunities to experience philosophical enquiry first-hand
- Develops children’s capacity to ask meaningful questions
- Facilitate P4C enuiry with more flexibility and reflection
- Enhance learning through critical, creative caring and collaborative thinking
- Drive progress in philosophical enuiry at your school
- Receive a copy of the comrehensive level 2 handbook
- Be able to progress to level 2B Advanced Course
• £300 other delegates
• If you would like to join the South East London hub or would like further information, please call SAPERE on 01865 408 333.
To continue with your booking, please click 'Continue' below. You will have the option to pay by card, or to request an invoice if your employer is funding your place.