We are delighted to be a supporter of the Fair Education Alliance, a coalition for change in education comprising of the UK’s leading organisations. The aim is to work towards ending the persistent achievement gap between young people from our poorest communities and their wealthier peers. Committed to this common goal, the Alliance will both work collectively to find solutions to address educational inequality, as well as annually monitor the progress made to narrow the gap.
As a supporter of the alliance we are committed to helping to achieve the Fair Education Impact Goals. These encompass five transformational changes which, if achieved in the next ten years, will substantially reduce educational inequality by ensuring more children get a fair chance in education, regardless of their background. The Fair Education Impact Goals follow the educational journey of a child from primary school through to Further Education and employment, and Higher Education. They are:
- Narrow the gap in literacy and numeracy at primary school
- Narrow the gap in GCSE attainment at secondary school
- Ensure young people develop key strengths, including resilience and wellbeing, to support high aspirations
- Narrow the gap in the proportion of young people in education, employment or training one year after compulsory education
- Narrow the gap in university graduation, including from the 25 per cent most selective universities
Read more about the work of the Fair Education Alliance here.