What is the International Community of Enquiry?
P4C schools around the world exchange enquiry stimuli and share the questions and concepts that come out of the enquiry with each other online. Here are the contributions from our enquiries and other activities so far:
ICE Summer 2016.pdf
How can I take part?
Contact us on email@example.com
ICE Autumn H1 2016.pdf
ICE Winter 2016.pdf
ICE Spring 2017.pdf
Which schools are involved?
- Fortune Kindergarten International Schools, Shanghai, China
- Shanghai United International Schools (Junior), Shanghai, China
- Jerudong International School, Brunei
- NIST International School, Bangkok
- Newton British Academy, Doha, Qatar
- Cath Rathbone, Florida, USA
- The British School, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Shapinsay Primary School, Orkney, Scotland
- Dalia Toonsi, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Florin Lobont, West University of Timisoara, Romania
- Nutley Public Schools, New Jersey, USA
- Dwight Engelwood School, New Jersey, USA
- English International School, Moscow, Russia
- Manorfield Primary, London, England
- Bow Secondary, London, England
- Broadgreen Primary, Liverpool, England
- St Michael in the Hamlet, Liverpool, England
- Barlows Primary School, Liverpool, England
- Alverstoke Junior, Gosport, England
- Watercliffe Meadow Community Primary School, Sheffield, England
- Haselworth Primary School, Gosport, England
- Armathwaite Primary School, Lake District, England
- Breckon Hill Primary, Middlesbrough, England
- Royal Park Primary, Sidcup, England
- Fairways Primary School, Southend, England
- Gallions Primary School, London, England
- Leesland Junior School, Gosport, England
- Woodlands Primary School, Doncaster, England
- Lee on the Solent Infant School, Gosport, England
What are the current enquiry stimuli?
You can also find them by clicking this weblink (http://xtlearn.net/L/2726/2/M):
More about the schools involved......
Cath Rathbone in Florida, USA has made this wonderful 3 minute video on the theme of Love in her P4C sessions and how she turned one enquiry into a year long cycle of P4C sessions
Cath Rathbone P4C LOVE from SAPERE on Vimeo.
Fortune Kindergarten International School, Dongfang, Shanghai: 4 year old girl votes whether spiders, bad dreams, dark nights or needles are scarier in P4C session: https://vimeo.com/168102357
Dongfang P4C from SAPERE on Vimeo.
P4C at Broadgreen Primary, Liverpool
Video from the Liverpool Healthy Schools P4C project featuring Broadgreen Primary: https://vimeo.com/55009112
Philosophy for Children from first take on Vimeo.
P4C at Bow School, London
Student and teacher video on the impact of P4C: https://vimeo.com/147248384
Bow School Philosophy for Children from SAPERE on Vimeo.
P4C at Manorfield and Bow Schools, London
Case study of joint primary-secondary P4C transition project