SAPERE is providing an opportunity for those in Initial Teacher Education to
- qualify as a SAPERE Partner in promoting Philosophy for Children.
- register your ITT provision as working in formal partnership with SAPERE, the national charity promoting P4C.
As a SAPERE Partner you will
- be able to offer a 4 hour introductory unit (which has credit towards SAPERE’s two day Level 1 course) and could be either integral or optional within your programme.
- receive materials from SAPERE to support you in teaching this unit.
Students undertaking the introductory unit will
- be able to begin practising P4C with their classes.
- be eligible to attend a completion/follow up day leading to a SAPERE Level 1 certificate. (NB as a partner you have the option to commission a further day from SAPERE.) All training and materials for students will be at reduced rates.
To qualify as a SAPERE Partner you need to either
- have completed the SAPERE Level 2 course OR
- attend 2 days training with some required reading and a written reflection on the impact of P4C on pedagogic practice.
£300 for 2 day course for 1 delegate
£500 for 2 day course for 2 delegates
There is an annual partner registration fee of £250 which includes membership of SAPERE. To find out more please contact Lizzy Lewis.
To see a list of registered ITT partners please click here.
"The P4C module has been brilliantly received. 100% of students have evaluated it as either good or outstanding and all have made reference to how their thinking has been challenged": Caroline Elbra-Ramsay, York St John College