SAPERE provides an opportunity for Teaching Schools to:
- qualify as a SAPERE Partner in promoting Philosophy for Children (P4C) in their teacher education programmes.
- register CPD provision as working in formal partnership with SAPERE, the national charity promoting P4C.
- bring the benefits of P4C to pupils throughout their alliance.
As a SAPERE Partner you will:
- be able to offer a 4 hour introductory unit (which has credit towards SAPERE’s two day Level 1 course) and could be either integral or optional within your programme.
- receive materials from SAPERE to support you in teaching this unit.
Teachers undertaking the introductory unit will:
- be able to begin practising P4C with their classes.
- be eligible to attend a completion/follow up day leading to a SAPERE Level 1 certificate.
- There is an annual partner registration fee of £250 that includes membership of SAPERE. As a member you have access to online resources.
- The cost of SAPERE training is provided at a special rate to partner Teaching Schools of £550 for the unit and £1100 for the completion day. Maximum 22 delegates for Level 1 courses. For those attending the completion day the rate includes SAPERE Level 1 course handbook and certificate.
Download the Partnership Agreement showing the Terms & Conditions.
If you'd like to discuss this or find out more please contact Karen Bunting at email@example.com or Lizzy Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01865 408333.