SAPERE publishes a list of registered trainers and validated ‘open’ courses on its website. Most of the P4C training that we provide is commissioned by LEAs and schools (‘closed’ courses) so these are not advertised on the website but they are registered by the trainer with the SAPERE office.
SAPERE courses provide a clear structure for progression in P4C theory and practice. SAPERE charges a Registration, Validation and Certification fee per delegate.
- Registration is of the candidate on the SAPERE database and registration of the course and trainer details for quality and data registration purposes.
- Validation means the use of SAPERE's name as a quality endorsement, the SAPERE course programmes and knowledge that the trainer has undergone SAPERE training and mentoring
- Certificates for attendance and progression
SAPERE also provides course handbooks and reading materials.
The Registration, Validation and Certification fee also helps to fund the following:
- Regular course and materials review and revalidation
- Trainer and course quality review process through the Professional Development Committee and Professional Standards Board
- Review of tutor peer evaluations
- Assignment moderation meetings
- Administration of course development, assignment marking and course certificates
- Improved SAPERE representation, improved SAPERE services, publicity and promotion of P4C
- Sustainability of the Society